13. See, my servant will be made wisely, he will be exalted and lifted up and be very high.
14. Accordingly many were shuddered at you, so disfigured was his appearance beyond than men and his form beyond than sons of men.
15. So will he sprinkle many nations, because of him kings will shut their mouth. For that which had not been told them, they will see, and which they had not heard, they will understand.
53:1. Who has believed the message to us and to whom has the arm of JHWH been revealed?
2. Something like a suckling or like a root out of dry ground is going up before him. He had no form or majesty, that we looked at him, no appearance, that we desired him.
3. He was scorned and is leaving the company of men, a man of pain and he is made known with sickness and like one from whom (JHWH) hide (his) face, he was scorned and we not esteemed him.
4. Surely our sickness exactly he took up and for our pain he was the porter. But we, we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God and bowed down.
5. But he - he was pierced from our breach of faith, knocked from the wrong way, we turned. The punishment that brought us whole was upon him and through his wound we are healed.
6. We all like sheep have gone astray, everyone has turned to his way, but JHWH caused that he intercedes for us because of our wrongness.
7. He came on, but exactly he was pressed down, yet he did not open his mouth; he is brought like a lamb to the slaughter, and like a sheep before his shearers is dump, so he did not open his mouth.
8. He was taken away from protection and from right; by his generation, who will think over his cutting out off the land of the living, for the breach of faith of my people a blow for him?
9. And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich in his deaths (Plural [=majority] in Hebrew), though he had done no violence nor was any deceit in his mouth.
10. And JHWH purposed to knock him and to make sick. In truth He (=the servant) made his life available as an offering for sin. He will see descendants and will prolong his days and the plan of JHWH will be successful through his hand.
11. For the sake of the travail of his soul he will see, he will be satisfied. Through his cognition will a righteous, my servant, justify many and for their injustice exactly he is the porter.
12. Therefore I will give him his portion in many and he will have a share in loot with the strong, because he poured out his live to death and he was numbered with the breaker of faith and he took up the offense of many, and made intercession for the breaker of faith.
Link back to HOME "ENGLISH (ISAIAH 53)".
Link back to the German main page Startseite.